Based on I have created an initial equilibrium for the PB studies. In addition to the information in the Minwoo’s post, I have also used some information from our e-mail correspondence. In particular, I have set the line average density as and the central electron temperature as 1.3 keV. I have also made the following assumptions:
- The pedestal width is the same for the temperature and density profiles. It is equal to 0.06 of the normalized poloidal flux;
- The pedestal temperature is 400 eV;
- The pedestal density is ;
- The ion temperature is equal to the electron temperature;
- I assumed that the central q is slightly above unity.
I have also used relatively standard geometry parameters for KSTAR such as the major radius is 1.77 m, the minor radius is 0.47 m, elongation is 1.9, and triangularity is 0.8.
The q95 value that I am getting using the above settings is 5.06. The plasma pressure and q profiles are shown below.
Minwoo indicated that they observed the ELM mode structures around 222~223 (cm) in major radius. In the equilibrium that I have generated the H-mode pedestal extends from R=221.8 cm to 224 cm. The location of maximum pressure gradient in my equilibrium is at R=223 cm.I think these settings are consistent with your experimental observations.